|Smart Tax Moves to Make Before Year End|
Event Type: Adult Programs - Harnish|
Start Time: 7:00 PM
End Time: 8:00 PM
Time is running out. Learn strategies under the new tax laws to help you reduce your tax bill 2018 and make sure you make the most out of the confusing changes. Many of these MUST be implemented by 12/31/18.
Location: Harnish Meeting Room
1. Claiming the proper exemptions and dependents - what it means for youPresenter: Carla Merlak, President, Merlak Tax Advisory Group
2. Decide if you will be able to itemize, what you can and cannot deduct and how to "bundle" deductions
3. Make sure your income doesn't exceed the threshhold for the county senior freeze on property taxes
4. How to maximize deductions for your college students
5. Should you put more in your 401k or contribute to an IRA?
6. Should you sell off stocks or funds that have gains or losses?
7. Should retirees consider a QCD and why it will be even more popular now
8. What to do to avoid a higher tax bracket